Zambia confirms 75 mpox cases since last year's outbreak
Zambia has recorded a
total of 75 confirmed mpox cases since the outbreak began in October last year,
health authorities announced on Thursday.
The Ministry of Health
said in a statement that a total of 457 suspected cases have been investigated
across six of the country's 10 provinces, with an overall positivity rate of 16
percent.
Of the confirmed cases,
32 patients have recovered and been discharged, while 41 remain under
home-based monitoring. Only two deaths have been reported since the outbreak
began.
The ministry said that
the disease is affecting individuals across all age groups, with 15 percent of
confirmed cases occurring in children aged under five.
"The broad age
distribution highlights the need for inclusive public health messaging and
targeted interventions across all age groups," the ministry said.
xinhua

No comments